Enrollment and Registration Information
- Registration for Summer session will begin on April 1st at 6am for all students
- List of RCSC courses for Fall and Summer 2024
- See Registration Dates for more information
- RCSC Course Prerequisites
- The Schedule of Classes for Fall and Summer classes will be available to view beginning March 1st
- Your priority registration date will be listed on your Student Center, on the right sidebar, under Enrollment Appointment. Remember that your enrollment date is based on your class standing, which is based on units completed as of the beginning of this semester, not how many years you’ve been a student. You need 30 units for Sophomores, 60 units for Juniors, and 90 units for Seniors.
- Registration will open on your enrollment appointment date and will remain open until the next semester begins.
- Unit Limit: Students may add a maximum of 19 units for a fall or spring semester course load. Students must request permission from their academic advisor to enroll more than 19 units. Summer and winter sessions have different maximum units that are allowed - View Maximum Number of Units Allowed Per Semester
- Take care of any holds that will restrict you from registering! Advisors cannot override financial holds or save seats for you if you have holds on your account.
- RCSC Minors can begin enrolling into Fall 2024 RCSC classes on April 17th*
*tentative date, subject to change
Enrolling in RCSC Courses
- Click here to view RCSC Course Offerings
Non-RCSC courses for RCSC Major
- For ACCT 250, you will enroll during priority registration if there is availability in the course. If the course is full, you can go to the class on the first day to get on a request list.
- PSY 230 and PSY 290A are only open to Psychology majors during priority registration. These courses will be open to all students after priority registration ends.
- SOC 375 and SOC 374 require department consent for non-Sociology majors. See the department office in Social Sciences, Room 400, for assistance.
- ACBS 446/447: These courses are restricted to their majors during priority registration. If there are seats available after priority registration ends, you will be able to enroll yourself.
Why Can't I Enroll in...?
If you're having trouble enrolling in a class that is not listed above, please read the error message carefully before asking an advisor, and check the following items. Be sure to click on the class section and review Enrollment Information and Class Notes.
- Is the class full?
- Does the class require you to be a certain major/minor/class standing?
- Do you need a placement for the class?
- Does the class require certain pre-requisites?
- Is there a time conflict with a class in which you're already enrolled?
- Are you exceeding the unit limit? (see above)
If the class is not RCSC or HECL, please refer your questions to the course's department (i.e., MATH, SPAN, etc.) and not to your major advisor.