Finding an Internship
- Search online for PFFP internship sites, some of which are listed below. You may research organizations online and start reaching out to places you are interested connecting with about possible internship opportunities. Be sure to mention that you are a U of A student majoring in financial planning! It is also great to mention some of the various PFFP classes yo have taken. Also, please remember to have an up to date resume ready to submit.
- RBC Wealth
- Underhill Financial Advisors
- Meridian Wealth Management
- Mass Mutual Arizona
- Affirm Wealth Advisors
- Raskob Kambourian Financial Advisors
- Presidio Group Wealth Management
- Northwestern Mutual
- Cardinal Pointe Financial Group
- Edward Jones, Fidelity Investments
- Vanguard Group
- Cambridge Financial
- Connect with Rick Rosen or Cassandra Ott-Kocon to start talking about your interests and identifying opportunities
- Connect with the CALS Career Center
- View the UA Career Development information and search internships on Handshake
- Regularly attend UA career and internship panels organized by PFFP Student Services, the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, and other UArizona offices like Student Engagement and Career Development.
- Work your network – talk to friends, professors, and acquaintances. Consider talking to UA Alumni through the Bear Down Network. Set up informational interviews with alumni or contacts in industries and attend career fairs
**Once you have found an internship site that wants to bring you on board, you will need to have the internship approved by Cassandra Ott-Kocon, Experiential Learning Coordinator. Once she has approved it, you will need to fill out the PFFP Internship Work Plan. One of the pages will need to be filled out and signed by the internship site supervisor. Then, you can submit the work plan back to Cassandra Ott-Kocon, so she can enroll you in the PFFP 493 Internship class. The PFFP internship is a 6-unit internship. The total hours needed to complete six units is 270.