Outstanding students at the University of Arizona's Norton School of Human Ecology, aim to raise awareness about academic programs and career opportunities in retailing, family studies, fashion, and financial planning at the university and in Tucson.
April 14, 2023 at 5PM
April 19th, 20th, and 21st
Who Are The Norton Ambassadors?
The Norton Ambassadors are a select group of students in the University of Arizona’s Norton School of Human Ecology, who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in academics and student leadership. The Norton Ambassadors' objective is to create awareness of the academic programs and career opportunities in retailing, family studies, fashion, and financial planning at The University of Arizona and in the Tucson community.
Norton Ambassadors will assist in three areas: Outreach, Engagement, and Events!
Host pop-up tabling events at the Norton School, around the University of Arizona, and in the community.
Serve as peer mentors to help guide and encourage other students to seek help and use the resources available to them at the school.
Help create engaging content for the Norton School’s social media pages including TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Attend and assist all Norton School events including: Major Exploration Day, Family Weekend, Homecoming, and advising events (as needed).
If you are passionate about your major and want to enhance your professional development and networking skills, apply to be a Norton Ambassador! Serving as a Norton Ambassador is an honor and a distinction among one's peers, and will help you grow as a student and a young professional. If selected, you would have to be able to serve as a Norton Ambassador for a full academic year beginning August 2023 and ending May 2024 and must complete a minimum of 30 service hours per semester.
- Students who apply must be rising Sophomores, Juniors, or Seniors at the time that they apply.
- Students must be majoring or minoring in one of our academic programs: Family Studies and Human Development, Retailing and Consumer Science, Fashion Industry’s Science and Technology, or Personal and Family Financial Planning.
- Students must have at least a 2.5 GPA and be able to maintain it throughout the academic year in which they are an ambassador.
What You Need To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Why are you interested in becoming an ambassador and what do you hope to gain?
- How would you describe your experiences in the Norton School of Human Ecology, and how will those experiences be useful in recruiting or outreach efforts?
- Submit your application here.