Anticipated part-time, unpaid position.
The Children’s Advocacy Center of Southern Arizona provides a safe, compassionate, and healing environment to children who have been a victim or witness of a crime. We provide 24/7 emergency services including forensic interviews, medical exams, and family advocacy support. We also have a growing prevention and education program that provides trauma-informed parenting classes, a VOICES council, and community education around ACES, Resilience, Trauma-Informed Care, and Strengthening Families.
Primary Intern Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Child Care Specialist with childcare & resource requests, as needed.
- Keep resource rooms, lobby and family rooms straightened up, cleaned and organized.
- Provide program support to Training & Community Outreach Coordinator and Facilitators with prevention and education classes and groups.
- May include office tasks like copies, creating binders, editing videos, translating documents, etc.
- Assist with preparing and delivering community outreach events, as available.
- Make parent survey calls 1x/month.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree at a college or university
- In or entering Junior or Senior year
- Comfortable in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Requires a current Arizona fingerprint clearance card and a background check (we will walk you through the process)
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful but not required
Children's Advocacy Center of Southern Arizona is located in Tucson, Arizona and this internship will be completed primarily in-person Monday through Friday during the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. For more information, please see our website: https://www.cacsoaz.org/volunteer/. To apply, please contact Intern Supervisor Sarah Reed, at 520-724-2193 or firstname.lastname@example.org.